2023 NEOS ASSEMBLY
MAY 12-13 | JOHN S. KNIGHT CENTER, DOWNTOWN AKRON
Are you ready for the 2023 Assembly?
Drop by again soon to find out more!
2022 NEOS ASSEMBLY
MAY 13-14 | JOHN S. KNIGHT CENTER, DOWNTOWN AKRON
- Bylaw Amendment: Relating to Conference Realignment and Council Structure - passed
- 2022-2023 Compensation Standards - passed
- 2023-2024 Budget - passed
- Memorial to Restructure the Governance of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America - passed
- The following individuals where lifted up to serve the NEOS
- The Rev. Kristina Crog - Discipline Committee
- The Rev. Robert Ferro, Jr. - Synod Council
- Yvonne Hoelter - Synod Council
- Linda Johnson-Weidenbach - Synod Council
- The Rev. Richard Kidd - Discipline Committee
- The Rev. Mark Kreemer - Synod Council
- Yvonne Kulma - Discipline Committee
- Susan Lux - Synod Council
- The Rev. Jeffrey "Jay" Plummer - Discipline Committee
- The Rev. Bradley Ross - Consultation Committee
- The Rev. Dan Skillman - Synod Council
- Dr. Ronald Wiff - Synod Council
- Steven Wilson - Discipline Committee
The Day Two: Assembly Business Sessions will be for conducting the business of the Northeastern Ohio Synod. Registered voting members will be conducting the business of the synod in-person at the John S. Knight Center. Doors open at 7:30 a.m. for check-in and continental breakfast before Morning Prayer in the main assembly hall Goodyear A&B.) The Rev. Christopher Otten will be the ELCA Churchwide representative and Fr. Raymond P. Guiao, SJ, President, Saint Ignatius High School, will be the keynote speaker. Following a working lunch and the last of the business sessions the assembly will close with worship. Visitors are welcome to register and attend the Day Two: Business Sessions as observers.
Displays will be in Exhibit Hall I both Day One and Day Two of the assembly. Interested in having a display email email@example.com for more information.
Fr. Raymond Guiao, SJ, currently serves as president of Saint Ignatius High School in Cleveland, Ohio. Born and raised in the western suburbs of Cleveland, Fr. Guiao was graduated from St. Ignatius High School in 1982 and pursued a B.A. in English at Western Reserve College of Case Western Reserve University. He then entered the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits), was ordained to the priesthood in June 1999, and pronounced final vows in the Society of Jesus in 2009. He served as instructor of theology, English, and music at Saint Ignatius, both as a Jesuit seminarian (1992-1995) and as a newly ordained Jesuit priest (2000-2007). In addition to growing the Choral and Liturgical Music programs at Saint Ignatius High School, Fr. Guiao also served for two years as the interim Vice President for Mission at Saint Ignatius. In 2008, Fr. Guiao was missioned to serve as Provincial Assistant for Jesuit Formation for the Chicago-Detroit and Wisconsin Provinces of the Jesuits, and
was based in the Midwest Jesuit headquarters in Chicago. In December 2014, Fr. Guiao was named the 26th president of Saint Ignatius High School, beginning his duties officially in July 2015. He is currently completing his term of service on the Boards of Trustees St. Martin de Porres High School in Cleveland, and will soon begin service on the Board of Trustees of Saint Joseph High School in Cleveland. Fr. Guiao also regularly assists with weekend Masses at St. Angela Merici Church in Fairview Park where his parents, Dr. and Mrs. Ramon T. Guiao, are parishioners, and the Poor Clare Monastery on Rocky River Drive. He is regularly called upon as a spiritual/religious presenter and retreat leader.
Fr. Guiao holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Case Western Reserve University (1986); a Bachelor of Arts degree in Music from Mundelein College in Chicago (1988); a Master of Music in Voice Performance from the University of Michigan School of Music (1992); a Master of Divinity from Weston Jesuit School of Theology in Cambridge, Massachusetts (1998); and a Master of Arts in Liturgical Theology from The Catholic Theological Union in Chicago (2000).